How to become a member of the investment club?
Three steps are required to become a member of the WIC:
- Provide the necessary identification documents: a certified copy of your national ID card or passport, ID photograph, and residence certificate
- Fill up and sign the WIC membership form
- Deposit the initial minimum capital of CFAF five million either by cash, check or wire transfer
How will investment through WIC contribute to increase women’s entrepreneurship and empowerment?
Investing through WIC is an important step towards the capitalization of necessary resources and expertise to launch the Women’s Investment Fund. The main purpose of this Fund will be to invest in the form of private equity in large businesses and SMEs led or created by women.
How is the club governed ?
WIC has a governance committee comprising four members whose main role is to provide an interface between the club members and CGF Bourse.
Why should I invest in the stock market through WIC, rather than using other investment alternatives?
- Teranga Investment Club, the first of its kind in Senegal, supported by CGF Bourse, achieved an extraordinary performance of 35% between February 2013 (launch date) and October 2015.
- The CGF Bourse’s pooled-fund “Placement Croissance” reached a cumulative performance of 62.4% between March 2013 (inception date) and October 2015.
- Stock market is the most profitable option for long term investment while the money you invested remains available whenever you need it, because securities are liquid assets unlike investments in real-estate.
- Stock market allows you to diversify your portfolio of securities depending on the targeted sectors and hence helps limit the risk of losing the total amount of capital invested.